Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Random Food Photo - Bacon, Chevre, Fig, and White Truffle Oil Pizza

Bacon, Chevre, Fig, and White Truffle Oil Pizza
In the past, I've written about what has to be one of the most unique, yet addictive, pizza combos on the planet--the Pancetta, Fig Compote, Chevre, and White Truffle Oil pie from Osteria Marco in Denver, CO (see the posting titled "You got your fig on my pizza! You got your pizza on my fig" for details). 

It's so addictive, I turned it into an appetizer and a panini, but until now the pizza has alluded me. My crust was always too soggy, burnt, or lacking any depth of flavor; and it simply wasn't a suitable vehicle for anything except maybe the frozen mass produced toppings adorning the pizzas from the big carry out chains.  But after purchasing my first bread/ pizza stone a few weeks ago, I have now conquered the pie. 

The above image is from the specialty pie that I made last week for patrons of the Saturday Beer Dinners at the Nook Tavern in Huntsville, AL.  Featured here is my "signature" beer bread dough, with applewood smoked bacon, aged chevre, Jack Daniels turkey fig compote, and drizzled with white truffle oil. 

Of the four pies I made, I probably ate an entire one. 

Eat good food.  Drink good beer.  And above all, stay classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!